1st Banquet MD
Offer published on Mar 15
1st banquet MD reports to the Director of Banquets. His/her role is to coordinate all operations in the banquet facilities. He/she assists in overseeing the work of the service team members and plays a lead role in hospitality and the overall guest experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Schedules staff based on planned events;
- Ensure attendance and punctuality of scheduled employees;
- Take cognizance of scheduled functions throughout the day ;
- Participate in BEO meetings to learn about possible changes;
- Perform room checks to ensure that set-up is in accordance with client requests;
- Distribute tasks between the different employees on site (crew members, servers, bartenders);
- Inform employees of the progress and/or changes in the various events and functions;
- Communicate effectively with the kitchen team during service;
- Supervise and mobilize the banquet team;
- Greet and direct guests to the appropriate areas;
- Regularly review and evaluate the satisfaction of banquet guests;
- Review and evaluate the satisfaction level of the banquet room customers on a regular basis; Serve with the team when necessary;
- Take inventory of alcohol before and after events when necessary;
- Invoice clients according to the prices established on the contracts, the additions made and the number of confirmed clients;
- Actively participate in weekly departmental meetings to discuss positives, areas for improvement and provide ideas, solutions and feedback;
- Assist the Banquet and Catering Management in the management of human and financial resources.
- Handle complaints as appropriate.
what we offer:
- Group insurance program with employer participation (dental, medical, travel, life, disability and more);
- Paid sick leave;
- A group RRSP program with employer participation;
- 50% discount in all our restaurants for you and 3 guests;
- Reduced rates for family & friends in our hotels;
- 25% discount on treatments and products at Rainspa;
- 20% discount on the Opus monthly pass (STM & EXO) and 10% discount on the Bixi pass;
- Other miscellaneous discounts.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in weddings and social events;
- Proven team management skills;
- Ability to react well under pressure;
- Availability day, evening and weekend;
- Organizational skills.
Are you interested?
Send your application to this employer
*For this job offer, you must apply on the employer's website.