Salary: $40,000-$43,000 per year
Location: Happy Chopstix, 6110-48 Camrose Avenue, Camrose, Alberta T4V 0K5
For further information on the organization, please visit https://www.facebook.com/HappyChopstix/
Closing date: 25 December 2020 - 23:59, MST time
Who can apply: People residing in Canada aged over 18 years old. Aboriginal peoples, youth, older workers, persons with disabilities, and recent immigrants are welcome to apply.
We are looking for a Restaurant Assistant Manager to ensure all daily activities run smoothly and efficiently. Restaurant Assistant Manager responsibilities include ordering kitchen utensils and equipment based on our needs, managing contracts and payroll and supervising restaurant staff performance. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with restaurant operations and have a good understanding of what makes a great customer service. You should also be available to work within opening hours, including weekends and holidays. Ultimately, you will help providing excellent client service, increase employee retention, minimize operating costs, and deliver a positive dining experience for our guests.
Location of work: Happy Chopstix, 6110-48 Camrose Avenue, Camrose, Alberta T4V 0K5
· Research new wholesale food suppliers and negotiate prices
· Calculate future needs in kitchenware and equipment and place orders, as needed
· Manage and store vendors’ contracts and invoices
· Coordinate communication between front of the house and back of the house staff
· Prepare shift schedules
· Process payroll for all restaurant staff
· Supervise kitchen and wait staff and provide assistance, as needed
· Keep detailed records of daily, weekly and monthly costs and revenues
· Arrange for new employees’ proper onboarding (scheduling trainings and ordering uniforms)
· Monitor compliance with safety and hygiene regulations
· Gather guests’ feedback and recommend improvements to our menus
· Support General Manager and staff in every function of the restaurant operations
Language of work: English and Mandarin
Happy Chopstix values a diverse, respectful and positive work environment where all employees are valued and recognized for their unique qualities, ideas, voices and perspectives.
Intent of the process:
1-year contract with possible extension. The extension is subject to operational requirements.
Positions to be filled: 1
Conditions of employment:
Ability and willingness to relocate to Camrose, Alberta;
Ability and willingness to work overtime.
Application & Correspondence Information:
Persons with disabilities preventing them from applying on-line are asked to contact 1-780-672-5959.
Communication for this process will be sent via email at HappyChopstixCamrose@gmail.com. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
Mr. Hui Zhong Guo, Cell 587-966-0038, Email: HappyChopstixCamrose@gmail.com
6110-48 Camrose Avenue
Canada T4V 0K5Requirements
In order to be considered, the candidate application must clearly explain how he/she meet the following education, skill and experience requirements for the position.
· Familiarity with restaurant operations
· Good math and reporting skills
· Customer service attitude
· Communication and team management abilities
· Availability to work within opening hours (e.g. evenings, holidays, weekends)
· Speak English
· Ability to speak Mandarin
· High school diploma or the equivalent
· Relevant restaurant training in the areas of cooking, menu optimization, inventory management, staffing and hiring, service excellence, leadership and management
· Relevant experience working in the restaurant industry, especially in Chinese restaurants
· Relevant experience working as Assistant Manager or a similar role in the retail industry