Offering exceptional service, a gastronomic menu in a luxurious and spacious venue, makes every event special at Chateau Royal. As Banquet Server, you will report to Banquet Captain and pay undivided attention to detail and commit to providing the finest personal service and facilities to our guests.
Summary of responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Set tables according to type of event and service standards
· Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests
· Answer questions on menu selections
· Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
· Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
· Ensure courses are cleared and tables are properly crumbed and maintain a clean dining area. Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day. Maintain cleanliness of work and guest areas by clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area
· Prepare coffee breaks, carts, and stations with appropriate food and beverages as stated in Banquet Event Order.
· Prepare tables, action stations, buffets, service carts, and dessert tables.
· Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation.
· Bus tables by removing and separating tableware, plate ware, glassware, and flatware.Requirements
· Previous experience in high volume banquet environment with food & beverage required
· Address guest concerns and react quickly, professionally and focus attention on guest needs while always remaining calm and courteous
· Work closely with the Banquet Captain and kitchen operations to improve the quality of service
· Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
· Highly responsible & reliable
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and work cohesively as part of a team