Barista - Good Earth Coffeehouse - Capilano University
North Vancouver, BC
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, GreatResults!
Chartwells - a division of Compass Group Canada is currently seeking to hire high-energy people who like to work hard in a fun environment, have a positive attitude, excellent customer service skills and an outgoing personality. Currently
- Position: Barista at Good Earth CoffeeHouse located in Capilano University
- Operation Hours: Our location is open 7days a week and opertional hours are 7AM- 10:00PM. We require applicants to have flexiblity to work weekends and weekdays.
- Start Date: ASAP; however the position will remain open until filled.
- Compensation: Competitive pay
To provide excellent service to our customers and make hot and cold beverages as per Good Earth standards.
Duties includes but not limited to the following:
- Greet customers as they enter
- Prepare and serve variety of beverage orders to Good Earth standards
- Take orders while paying attention to details
- Prepare beverages following recipes
- Along with beverages served prepared foods (cookies, muffins, pastries)
- Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing all products
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
- Follows inventory stocking and recording guideline
- Maintain clean and Safe Environment at all times
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Able to multitask in a busy environment
- Other reasonable requests from management
- Food Safe Level 1 Certificate - good to have but will provide training
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures
- Previous barista and or coffee shop experience is an asset
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Physical ability to perform required tasks
- Ability to communicate with managers, other employees, and customers
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Successful candidate will be ask to agree to a criminal background check!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!