CASUAL PREP COOK
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, GreatResults!
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparing, pre-cooking and/or cooking food products as directed
- Preparing "mise en place" (setting in place of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required for high volume production
- Cleaning kitchen equipment after use according to health and safety policies and procedures
- Receiving stock
- Labeling, dating, storing and rotating food and beverage products in appropriate storage areas
- Liaising and communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed
- Prepare and present foods and beverage produces according to local concepts
- Participating in the preparation and assembly of meals by performing duties such as washing, peeling and cutting of fruits and vegetables
- Counting, weighing and/or measuring ingredients for assigned food preparation area
- Prepares pastries and sweets
- Meets timing standards
- Coordinates orders with others, assists other kitchen staff and cooks
- Presents him/herself professionally, e.g. clean uniform, well groomed
- Ensures his/her areas of responsibility are well stocked and guest ready
- Maintains high standards of cleanliness and food safety throughout the shift
- As required: stock taking, cleaning, opening and closing tasks; and any other duties designated by the management team or Kitchen Leader.
- Client and customer relations focus
- Know, understand and comply will all relevant operational standards and procedures that are current
- Ensure strict compliance with Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs
- Dishwashing when required
Successful Candidates will possess the following qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
•1 year culinary experience & education an asset
• Food Safe Level 1
• WHIMIS certificate an asset
• Good organizational skills
• Professional attitude and appearance, strong interpersonal skills and a team player
• Dependable and reliable with a demonstrated commitment to service excellence
• Must be available to work a variety of shifts including days, weekends and statutory holidays
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!