CASUAL PREP COOK
Imagine working in a place that is recognized as a premiere hospitality company, operating across Canada. We are Canada’s leading foodservice and support services company with over 24,000 associates working across the country.
Marquise Hospitality, a division of Compass Group, provides food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full training and development courses.
- Recognition and awards program.
- Many shifts available.
- Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
- Perks –amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.
We are currently looking for a Casual Prep Cook. This is an excellent position with room for advancement.
Start date: ASAP
Compensation: $16.00/hour after probation period.
As one of our Prep Cooks, you will be responsible for:
- Preparing and presenting foods and beverage produces according to local concepts.
- Participating in the preparation and assembly of meals by performing duties such as washing, peeling and cutting of fruits and vegetables.
- Counting, weighing and/or measuring ingredients for assigned food preparation area.
- Preparing pastries and sweets.
- Ensuring areas of responsibility are well stocked and guest ready.
- Labelling, dating, storing and rotating food and beverage products in appropriate storage areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
What we looking for?
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME,” then we want YOU!
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- 1 year culinary experience & education is an asset.
- Food Safe Level 1.
- WHIMIS certificate is an asset.
- Good organizational skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance, strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Dependable and reliable with a demonstrated commitment to service excellence.
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts including days, weekends and statutory holidays.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!