Offer published on Sep 26
Work place: 1050 Rue De La Gauchetière O, Montréal, QC H3B 4C9
Official Title: Cauldron Attendant
Status: Full time
Salary : 27.23$ per hours
Acquired in 2018 by Tidan, this hotel is located in the heart of the Montreal metropolis. The Marriott Château Champlain is a 1-minute walk from the metro, accessible by an underground route, adjacent to the Bell Centre. This iconic Montreal hotel was completely renovated in 2021, with 36 floors, 614 rooms, 13 suites, 25 meeting rooms, and can accommodate up to 1,000 guests. If you are looking for a stylish and modern work environment, join the inspiring team of one of the largest hotels in downtown Montreal.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the cauldron attendant is responsible for food preparation in the kitchen. You will be responsible for setting up, cooking and monitoring pots, pans and other cooking equipment.
- Ensure the preparation and implementation of the ingredients necessary for the recipes.
- Measure, weigh and cut ingredients according to the chef's instructions.
- Ensure that all ingredients are ready and available on time.
- Use cooking equipment such as pots, pots and pans to prepare meals.
- Control temperature and cooking time to ensure proper cooking.
- Carefully watch food as it cooks to avoid burning or overcooking.
- Adjust heat and cooking equipment settings as needed.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of cooking equipment after each use.
- Previous experience as a cauldron attendant or similar position would be an asset.
- Knowledge of cooking techniques and cooking equipment.
- Ability to follow recipes and cooking instructions accurately.
- Compliance with hygiene and food safety standards.
- Ability to work effectively within a kitchen team.
Languages: Ability to communicate orally and in writing in French.
Who are we:
Tidan is a hotel and real estate group in business for 52 years with a portfolio of 12 hotels and more than 65 real estate properties, as well as the largest tennis club across North America. To learn more about Tidan, visit our website: https://www.tidan.com/en/.
Why join our team:
Apart from competitive salaries, we offer benefits, such as group insurance which constitutes life insurance, disability insurance, and medical and dental insurance, in addition to vision care. Our employees have 24/7 virtual access to healthcare professionals through the Employee Assistance Program. You have personal days and vacations that are planned according to the department and the hotel you join. A bonus is also provided via our referral program and more.
Social life is at the heart of the company, especially after the pandemic, each hotel has a social calendar. The Tidan Human Resources team is always there to listen to you and support you on your journey through the company.
We believe in teamwork and are committed to creating a high-performing team whether through training or by strengthening team relationships. We have an admiration for our employees who set themselves professional challenges, and we support them in achieving them. Take the step and join the Tidan team through our many job opportunities, whether in the hotel or real estate sector, there is a place for you.
Diplôme d'études professionnelles