Our client, the Cirque du Soleil©, is currently looking for a Kitchen Chef for a contract from the end of February until mid-July 2019 for their next show!
As a Chef your tasks will be:
- Assist Cirque chefs in the day to day operations of Alegria's kitchen as instructed.
- Must move with a purpose and perform all tasks in a timely manner
- Assist Cirque chefs in preparing and serving meals which changes daily and comes from a wide range of international cuisines in a safe, presentable, and professional manner
- Maintain the cleanliness of (both back of house and display) fridges and storage areas by strictly following food safety practices
- Clean and maintain all prep areas, cooking areas, cooking equipment, and hood vents on a regular basis;
- Assist chefs in the teardown and setup of kitchen, and catering areas.Requirements
- Minimum 4 years' culinary school plus 2 years' full-time experience in a busy professional kitchen; or minimum 6 years full time experience in a busy professional kitchen in a position higher than a prep cook;
- Must be able to demonstrate good knife skills for precision cuts
- Must be able to make several kinds of salad dressing from scratch
- Must be able to demonstrate proper cooking skills and techniques
- Able to take instructions from Cirque chef and work in a team environment with other local chefs and kitchen hands;
- Must own proper kitchen attire: closed toe waterproof shoes, chef's jacket or plain t-shirt, chef's pant or shorts up to the knee, chef's apron, and hair cover.