The chef-barman is responsible for managing the bar for our restaurant. He organizes the bar and keeps track of the drinks inventory. He takes orders, prepares drinks and serves them in order to respond to customer requests. It trains new employees and ensures compliance with established procedures.
Essential functions of the job:
• Set up the bar so that you have all the necessary products and materials;
• Greet guests at the bar with courtesy;
• Take charge of customers or servers;
• Prepare and serve alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages;
• Prepare the bill and collect the payment;
• Perform the bar inventory and requisition for missing products;
• Keep the bar clean. Washing and storing dishes used for serving drinks and coffees;
• Assist the service team in the room, when necessary;
• Ensuring customer satisfaction and receiving complaints, if any.
Qualifications and skills required:
• 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position;
• Excellent knowledge of cocktails, wines and coffees;
• Excellent customer service approach;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team;
• Ability to react well under pressure;
• Availability day, evening and weekend;
• Sense of organization.