Offer published on Mar 18
The Château Sainte-Marie, a friendly residence for seniors located in the heart of Beauce, is looking for a Chef to replace the current Chef who has been promoted 😉
Hey you! Chef, sous-chef or cook who wants to grow! Come create and play with flavors, textures and presentations in a pleasant work environment offering a stable schedule with day shifts only. We are looking for someone who wants to have fun and share their meals with our residents.
Of course, it's a good challenge! The person will have to see to the management of food for a large volume 600 meals per day. The person will also be responsible for scheduling and managing kitchen and dining room employees. Experience in a seniors' residence an asset.
The Château is a big family that will always be there to help you grow in this great adventure that is that of our elders, the Beauce 😊!
ROLE AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in maintaining and restoring residents' health by proposing customized and balanced menus
- Create tasty menus while respecting the expected level of quality and the allocated budget
- Ensure and optimize quality standards in the use of food
- Maintaining the cleanliness of equipment and the workspace
- Perform meal preparation while supervising and mobilizing staff in the kitchen
- Perform other related duties
- Plan and cook meals in accordance with the appropriate methods and standards
- Use products and equipment according to the safety, quality, hygiene and cleanliness rules and standards in effect
- Use work methods consistent with the health and safety rules and cleanliness standards in effect
- Free parking
- Free meals
- Salary to be discussed
- Sick leave and family obligations
- Stable schedule
- Stimulating challenges, up to your ambitions!
- A welcoming and tight-knit team!
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Training certification (MAPAQ)
- A proffesional studies dimploma (DEP) in institutional cuisine or equivelent
- At lease 3 to 5 years of experience in a large restoration
Are you interested?
Send your application to this employer
*For this job offer, you must apply on the employer's website.