Chef - Delta - Immediate Hire
We are Canada’s leading foodservice and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our Divisions – Marquise Hospitality is currently hiring for Full time Permanent Chef position for Kin Village facility in Delta, BC.
Marquise Hospitality specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program.
- Health Benefits.
- Employee Rewards Program.
The Chef is responsible to manage the day to day operations of all Food Services Marquise provides within the home.The primary responsibility is to ensure that all areas of the operation meet and maintain compliance with Marquise, Client and all licensing standards and requirements, including but not limited to established standards of Quality Assurance, Health & Safety and Infection control procedures.
Reports To: Manager of Support Services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the facility’s Dietitian, the Chef must ensure the nutritional and therapeutic requirements of the residents are met through menu planning, the development of standardized recipes, and production sheets.
- Monitoring and evaluating meal preparation and service to ensure established standards are maintained for both quality and quantity of all meals and snacks.
- Facilitating ongoing communication with all stakeholders in the health care unit including administration, nursing, residents and their families.
- Ensuring all quality controls are met for every product served to Residents and Guests.
- The ordering of all products in accordance with Marquise buying specifications.
- Maintaining inventory control and reporting as per Compass Group fiscal schedule.
- Participate in scheduling, hiring and discipline of all support service staff in accordance with Company and Government standards.
- Building and maintaining a strong Food Service Team.
- Implementation and control of a Food Safety Plan as well as HACCP, WHIMIS, and all WCB regulations for a safe work place.
- Liaising with the on-site client as required and / or as requested.
- Train Food Service staff in daily duties as well as proper safety procedures as set by in house client, company and Government regulations.
- Attend and be part of meetings as requested by the Support Services Manager.
- Attend and be part of Resident Council as requested by the Support Services Manager.
- Training and regular performance evaluations of all Support Service Staff.
- Attend functions, training seminars, and meetings as requested by the Company and/or client.
- Prepare menus for daily service as well as special functions.
- Maintain appropriate budgetary and cost controls.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of resident preferences and incorporate these preferences into service delivery.
- Work with the Recreation department, to develop and assist in the implementation of special events.
- Develop and implement the process of a cleaning schedule for the Food Services department and general cleaning of the dining room and kitchen.
- Implement and control a good rotation policy for all food and paper products.
- Implement and control all cleaning schedules for Food Services.
- Design and chair regular training in-services and staff meetings with the Food Services Team.
- Implement and manage the Quality Assurance program as outlined by the company and the client, including weekly and monthly audits.
- Cook at the site five days a week.
- Current and maintained *Basic Food Safe certification required at hire (*Basic must be upgraded to Advanced certification within 6 months of hire date). Advanced Food Safe training required to be completed and successful completion and maintain certification within 6 months of hire date
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a Chef in Long Term Care facility.
- Red Seal Chef or two year cooking course.
- Minimum of one year previous Management experience or equivalent, preferably in a Long Term Care facility.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Ability to deal with others effectively, organize work and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to adapt and prioritize work to successfully complete it with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to get along well with others, to demonstrate flexibility and patience to work as a member of a team, and to demonstrate a high level of sensitivity and interest in people.
- General understanding of the aging process; including Alzheimer’s and Dementia is an asset.
- Ability to problem solve and deal with any operational and/or staffing concerns brought to your attention and correct or resolve them in a professional, efficient, timely and effective manner.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
Start date: As Soon As Possible.
Compensation: Based on experience.
Location: Kin Village (5410- 10th Avenue), Delta BC.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.