Offer published on Jan 23
In collaboration with the Executive Chef, the chef of the Japanese Kyo bar, ensures the smooth running of kitchen operations. He plans, organizes, directs and controls the operation of the Kyo, in order to ensure that the quality and quantity standards set by the company are met. Directly involved in day-to-day operations, he will oversee the training and performance of his brigade members. Through his qualities as a leader and manager, he develops and maintains team spirit and will be able to create a strong sense of belonging. The ideal candidate will be able to maximize returns and ensure continuous control of various operating costs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
· Performs daily inspection of the kitchen and its parameters.
· Ensures customer satisfaction through the speed of service and the quality of the dishes presented.
· Acts as a trainer for the members of the brigade, mainly the members of the management team.
· Manages human resources within his brigade (hiring, training, scheduling, distribution of work, performance evaluation, discipline, etc.).
· Ensures the application of hygiene, sanitation, health and safety standards at work.
· Contributes to the planning and preparation of menus for banquets and events.
· Manage financial resources (preparation of budgets, control of operating costs, etc.) and material resources (inventory management, supplies, negotiations with suppliers, etc.) allocated to his department.
· Ensures effective management of the food inventory in order to ensure the quality of the products used and minimize losses.
· Follows up on purchases, the quality of goods received.
· Communicates and collaborates with the dining room management team to ensure the overall smooth running of banquets and events held at Kyo.
· Maintain a continuous link with other hotel departments and various internal and external stakeholders.
· Performs any other task deemed essential for the proper functioning of the kitchen.
· Diploma in institutional cooking or the equivalent;
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position;
· Significant work experience in Japanese cuisine, Maki and Nigiri;
· Leadership developed;
· Sense of organization ;
· Excellent communication skills.
The benefits of working at Corner Collection:
· 20% discount on your transport tickets
· Discount in our restaurants
· Preferential rate in our hotels
· 25% discount at Rainspa
· Up to 25% off at Videotron Mobile
· Flexible work schedule
· Dynamic and enthusiastic team
· Possibilities of evolution within the company