Chef Terrace - Perché
The chef ensures the smooth running of the kitchen on the terrace. In collaboration with the executive chef, he plans, organizes, directs and controls the operation of the kitchen to ensure the achievement of quality and quantity standards set by the company. Involved directly in daily operations, he sees in the training and the good performance of the members of his brigade. Through his leadership and management skills, he develops and maintains team spirit and creates a strong sense of belonging. It maximizes returns and ensures continuous control of the various operating costs.
Essential functions of the job:
• Participate in the reputation of the restaurant in collaboration with the executive chef.
• Contributes to the planning and preparation of menus for the restaurant.
• Performs daily inspection of the kitchen and its parameters.
• Ensures customer satisfaction by the speed of service and the quality of the dishes presented.
• Acts as a trainer for brigade members, mainly members of the management team.
• Manages human resources within his brigade (hiring, training, scheduling, work distribution, performance appraisal, discipline, etc.).
• Ensures compliance with hygiene, sanitation, health and safety standards.
• Manage the financial resources (budget preparation, control of operating costs, etc.) and material resources (inventory management, supplies, negotiations with suppliers, etc.) allocated to his department.
• Ensures efficient management of the food inventory to ensure the quality of the products used and minimize losses.
• Keeps track of purchases, the quality of goods received and ensures vigilance with regard to theft.
• Communicates and collaborates with the dining room management team to ensure the overall smooth running of restaurant operations.
• Maintains an ongoing link with other hotel departments and various internal and external stakeholders.
• Performs any other tasks deemed essential for the smooth running of the kitchenRequirements
Qualifications and required skills:
• Diploma in institutional cooking or equivalent;
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position;
• Significant work experience, ideally in a similar position;
• developed leadership;
•Sense of organization;
• Excellent communication skills.