Offer published on Feb 08
Work place : 1050 Rue De La Gauchetière O, Montréal, QC H3B 4C9
Status: Part-time (Saturday and Sunday)
Salary: 25.63$ per hour
Acquired in 2018 by Tidan, this hotel is located in the heart of the Montreal metropolis. The Marriott Château Champlain is a 1-minute walk from the metro, accessible by an underground route, adjacent to the Bell Centre and also by 1000 de la Gauchetière. This iconic and emblematic hotel in Montreal was completely renovated in 2021, with 36 floors, 614 rooms, 13 suites, 25 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 1000 customers. If you are looking for a stylish and modern work environment, join the inspiring team of one of the largest hotels in downtown Montreal.
Reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage, the M-Club Concierge plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities during their shift. He or she is responsible for the quality of customer service.
- Responsible for providing attentive service and an exceptional experience in the M-Club, offering outstanding customer service at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints and never say no without offering an alternative.
- Anticipate guest needs.
- Promote the hotel's restaurant and bar before directing guests outside and offer to make a reservation for the guest directly through the reservation platform.
- Ensure the lounge is kept clean and report any technical issues to maintenance.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with reception colleagues and supervisors.
- Ensure the M-Club area is clean and organized.
- The concierge is encouraged, if the opportunity arises, to provide personalized follow-up with guests based on suggestions given to them.
- Take food and beverage orders.
- Handle cash transactions.
- Clear tables and counters of items or waste left by customers.
- Responsible for maintaining Marriott Lounge standards.
- Elegant, smiling, and refined individual.
- Good knowledge of the restaurant industry.
- Enjoys working independently.
- You have high expectations for the quality of our services.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Education: DEC in hotel management (an asset).
Required Experience: 1 to 2 years in the food and beverage service.
Languages: Bilingualism (French and English) is required for this position as we serve an international clientele.
Who are we:
Tidan is a hotel and real estate group in business for 52 years with a portfolio of 12 hotels and more than 65 real estate properties, as well as the largest tennis club across North America. To learn more about Tidan, visit our website: https://www.tidan.com/en/.
Why join our team:
Apart from competitive salaries, we offer benefits, such as group insurance which constitutes life insurance, disability insurance, and medical and dental insurance, in addition to vision care. Our employees have 24/7 virtual access to healthcare professionals through the Employee Assistance Program. You have personal days and vacations that are planned according to the department and the hotel you join. A bonus is also provided via our referral program and more.
Social life is at the heart of the company, especially after the pandemic, each hotel has a social calendar. The Tidan Human Resources team is always there to listen to you and support you on your journey through the company.
We believe in teamwork and are committed to creating a high-performing team whether through training or by strengthening team relationships. We have an admiration for our employees who set themselves professional challenges and we support them in achieving them. Take the step and join the Tidan team through our many job opportunities, whether in the hotel or real estate sector, there is a place for you.
DEC (Diplôme d'études collégiales)