Element AI is one of the world’s largest artificial intelligence companies, with a shared goal of using our extensive research to develop AI products and software that will solve some of the most challenging issues facing businesses and society as a whole.
We are founded on the belief that humans should be at the heart of everything we do, and have adopted a people-first and collaborative mindset to ensure we collectively drive real and ethically-sound results.
The Applied Food Specialist will be responsible of the preparation of lunches and snacks to our colleagues for up to 470 employees; located in the Mile-Ex, Montreal’s new AI hub.
What you’ll do:
- Menu preparation in collaboration with the other Cook;
- Responsible for the set-up, breakdown and re-set of serving lines and after meal service;
- Plan, search, and evaluate the purchase, preparation, and production of food for employees and special events to ensure that the standards of safety, quality, and performance are maintained;
- Manage the relationships with supplier (order and delivery);
- Distribute the tasks to the runner and dishwashing team;
- Occasionally support internal events;
- Supervise the replenishing of snacks in bulk, breakfast and beverages, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience as a cook in a restaurant or cafeteria;
- Strong knowledge of the food supply environment;
- Managed a budget;
- Devoted to a task or purpose and have attention to detail;
- Build relationship with customers (colleagues);
- An enthusiastic attitude and and give an excellent customer service;
- Work In an open kitchen and collaborate with employees
What we offer for your valuable work:
- A day shift from Monday to Friday, 40h a week (no evening or weekends)
- Work closely with other AI enthusiasts;
- Enjoy your work and life harmony;
- Leave your mark in a thriving industry;
- Apply your talent to tackling new challenges everyday;
- Be surprised at how much you will learn;
- Open and inclusive company culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.