Cook - Evergreen Baptist Care Home
White Rock, BC
We are Canada’s leading foodservice and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
One of our Divisions – Marquise Hospitality is currently looking for a Casual Cook for its Evergreen Baptist Care Home facility in White Rock, BC.
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring.
What’s in it for you?
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program.
- Employee Rewards Program (savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance and etc.).
As one of our Super Star Cooks, we’d ask you to do the following:
- Preparing, pre-cooking and/or cooking food products as directed.
- Preparing "mise en place" (setting in place of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required for high volume production.
- Cleaning kitchen equipment after use according to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Receiving stock.
- Labeling, dating, storing and rotating food and beverage products in appropriate storage areas.
- Communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments.
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed.
If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME” then we want YOU!
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Food Safe Level 1.
- 1 year culinary experience & education an asset.
- WHIMIS certificate an asset.
- Good organizational skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance, strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Dependable and reliable with a demonstrated commitment to service excellence.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
Start date: As soon as possible.
- $20.18/hr during probationary period (450 hours)
- $21.43 after probationary period
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!