Cook - Evergreen Baptist of Care
White Rock, BC
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full Training and Development courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program.
- Employee Rewards program.
We are currently hiring for a Casual Cook for our Evergreen Baptist of Care facility in White Rock, BC.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Pay Rate: $19.98/hr during probationary period (450 hours)
$21.23 after probationary period
As one of our Super Star Cooks, we’d ask you to do the following:
- Preparing, pre-cooking and/or cooking food products as directed.
- Preparing "mise en place" (setting in place of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required for high volume production.
- Cleaning kitchen equipment after use according to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Receiving stock.
- Labeling, dating, storing and rotating food and beverage products in appropriate storage areas.
- Communicating effectively with all appropriate operational departments.
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed.
What we look for:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Food Safe Level 1.
- 1 year culinary experience & education an asset.
- WHIMIS certificate an asset.
- Good organizational skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance, strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Dependable and reliable with a demonstrated commitment to service excellence.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
APPLY NOW and OPEN the door for your new opportunities with Compass Group Canada.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.