Cook for Long Term Care -Maple Ridge
Maple Ridge, BC
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions - Marquise Hospitality, is currently looking for a Casual Cook for Holyrood Manor Long Term Care Center facility in Maple Ridge, BC.
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME” then we want YOU!
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities
- Friendly Work Environment
- Competitive pay
- Full Training and Development courses
- Recognition and Awards Program
- Flexible hours
- Employee Rewards program
- Prepare all components of the meal, following the recipes (menu provided).
- Ensure overall quality, presentation of the food is appealing, meals are served on time.
- Plate meals and serve food to Residents.
- Follow any restricted dietary needs of the Residents.
- Sanitize, clean all work surfaces and equipment used.
- Clean the kitchen as per the cleaning schedule and restock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information.
- Complete required HACCP logs.
- Assists with special event menus.
- Maintain a safe environment at all times, perform duties as per health & safety guidelines.
- Other reasonable requests from management.
- MUST have Food Safe 1 Certificate.
- Previous 2-3 years of cooking experience, preferably in in the healthcare environment.
- Cook certification/papers is considered an asset.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate with managers, residents/patients, and other employees.
- Ability to taste all food produced as part of the quality program.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Able to read and write in English.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME” then we want YOU!
Start date: As Soon As Possible
- 5:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!