Québec City, QC, Montréal, QC, Levis, QC, Granby, QC, Laval, QC, Boucherville, QC, Mont-Tremblant, QC, Saint-Hyacinthe, QC, Blainville, QC, Saint-Jérôme, QC, Baie-Comeau, QC, Drummondville, QC, Chambly, QC, Rouyn-Noranda, QC, Joliette, QC, Alma, QC, Sorel, QC, Sainte-Marie, QC, Victoriaville, QC, Sept-Iles, QC, Saint-Georges, QC, La Malbaie, QC, Rivière-du-Loup, QC, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC, Trois-Rivières, QC, Val-d'Or, QC, Dolbeau-Mistassini, QC, Saguenay, QC, Shawinigan, QC, Sherbrooke, QC, Montmagny, QC, La Pocatière, QC, Matane, QC, Gaspé, QC, Amqui, QC, Forestville, QC, Roberval, QC, Rimouski, QC, Chibougamau, QC, Port-Cartier, QC, Fermont, QC, Carleton-sur-mer, QC, Edmundston, NB, Cap-aux-Meules, QC, Chandler, QC, and La Tuque, QC
NEW – SIGNING BONUS!
The CAF is pleased to announce the creation of a signing bonus for those who have completed certain recognized training programs or who have the necessary practical experience. You may be entitled to a recruiting allowance of either $10,000 or $20,000.
By applying for this job offer, you are applying for a military job.
A good meal always has a positive influence on troops morale. Therefore cooks have to prepare food and meals in the various National Defence establishments, in Canada and abroad, following strict food safety regulations no matter the environment they are in. This trade is also available in the Reserve Force (part time).
Additional information: http://bit.ly/FAC00164E
- Prepare and serve meals that range from cafeteria-style menus to formal multi-course meals for military and civilian dignitaries
- Assist in the handling and control of food and non-food supplies
- Practice workplace health and safety procedures
- Provide for Religious and Spiritual dietary accomodations
- Manage food safety and Defence
- Operate, clean and maintain food services equipment and facilities
In the Regular Force, your work location is not garanteed since you may be asked to work anywhere in Canada. However, if you only want to work in your area, the Reserve Force may be an alternative. Military personnel can be asked to work on atypical schedules. Salary increases according to the rank and experience of the member according to the rates of pay applicable on April 1, 2017. To know more about the rates of pay: http://bit.ly/payratesE.
RELATED CIVILIAN OCCUPATIONS:
- Institutional or Restaurant Cook
- Food Services Instructor in high schools or colleges
- Food Services Manager or Supervisor (Food Service Establishment)
Medical and dental coverage
Uniform and material provided
Note that the minimum eligibility criteria for joining the trade are:
• To be aged between 16 and 57 years old
• Have Canadian citizenship
• Have completed the Secondary School Diploma (DES) and the Mathematics Course 514 (CST5).
• It is also possible to have completed a diploma or certificate in culinary skills / art