Cook - Fraser Canyon Hospital (Casual)
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us!
Crothall Healthcare, a division of Compass Group, specializes in healthcare and housekeeping. We provide laundry and linen, facilities engineering, patient transportation, and asset energy management.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full training and development courses.
- Recognition and awards program.
- Many shifts available.
- Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
- Perks –amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.
Hiring Location: Fraser Canyon Hospital (Hope, BC)
Work Area: Kitchen
Pay Rate: $18.21/hr
Job Status: Casual (on call)
Date Posted: March 22nd, 2019
Date Closed: April 1st, 2019
Duties & Qualifications:
- Obtain daily production schedule and preparation requirements from the Chef.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
What we looking for:
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Cooks? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Previous experience as a Cook required.
- Certificate from a recognized cooking school.
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification valid for the last 5 years.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen.
- Able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils.
- A team player with good communication skills.
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Red Seal certification is an asset.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.