COOK (FT) - Langara College
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions - Chartwells, is currently seeking to hire highly motivated and enthusiastic full time Cook for Langara College location in Vancouver, B.C.
Chartwells, a division of Compass Group Canada, offers programs and solutions that fits students unique needs and it committed to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions & education to its customers.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program.
- Employee Rewards program.
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits (required qualification).
- Prepare all components of the meal, following the recipes.
- Ensure overall quality, presentation of the food is appealing, meals are served on time.
- Plate meals and serve food to Residents.
- Follow any restricted dietary needs of the Residents.
- Sanitize, clean all work surfaces and equipment used.
- Clean the kitchen as per the cleaning schedule and restock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information.
- Complete required HACCP logs.
- Assists with special event menus.
- Maintain a safe environment at all times, perform duties as per health & safety guidelines.
- Other reasonable requests from management.
APPLY NOW and OPEN the door for your new opportunities with Compass Group Canada.
- Start date: As Soon As Possible.
- Compensation: Start at $16.92/hr, after 1 year of employment increase to $18.20/hr.
- Schedule: Full time.
- Location: Langara College - Vancouver, BC.
- High School Diploma.
- Food Safe 1 required, Advanced Food Safe Certificate 2 will be an asset.
- Previous food preparation experience.
- Cook certification/papers or working towards obtaining certificates.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to lift up to 25 lb. and stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate with managers, residents and other employees.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.