Mount Royal, QC
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Cook (Garde-manger) is responsible for ensuring an appropriate and efficient preparation of all meals, as well as carrying out other tasks that are related to the appropriate presentation and garnishment of the menu’s hot plates. He/she is also responsible for the cold buffet and soups of the day. He/she will execute daily, fresh preparations in accordance with the changing menu, and must also be able to help the Sous-chef during preparation and service.
- Responsible for his/her section and ensuring that the food is always at its freshest throughout the service;
- Execute recipes by respecting the precise instructions from the Sous-chef or Executive Chef;
- Prepare a selection of portable and healthy snack options;
- Prepare salads and soups of the day according to the prepared menu;
- Able to occasionally manage a station in front of clients (ex.: pasta station) while mastering speed, cleanliness, seasoning, and interaction with customers;
- Ensure good communication with the Sous-chef for various supplies;
- Maintain health and safety standards established by MAPAQ and the Executive Chef;
- Ensure that stations are restocked;
- Ensure and maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen at all times;
- Ensure that the kitchen is cleaned after the service and ready for the next day;
- Provide and offer catering services within the company.
To qualify for this role, you must have...
- College diploma in Professional Cooking.
- Certificate in safety and hygiene.
- Good communication skills;
- Innovative, proactive, and reliable;
- Excellent hygiene;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Creativity when it comes to quality and presentation of food;
- Interested in vegetarian cuisine and healthy food;
- Open to international cuisines;
- Team player;
- Flexibility and problem-solving skills;
- Bilingual: French and English (written and spoken).