Cook - Part-time - SFU
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions - Chartwells, is currently seeking to hire highly motivated and enthusiastic Part time COOK for SFU - Diamond Alumni Centre location in Burnaby, BC.
Chartwells, a division of Compass Group Canada, offers programs and solutions that fits students unique needs and it committed to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions & education to its customers.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality”!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities!
- Friendly Work Environment!
- Competitive Pay!
- Full Training and Development Courses!
- Recognition and Awards Program!
- Employee Rewards Program (savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.)!
Candidate must be able to plan and prepare entrees and sides using all techniques and methods of cooking. Vision to display and present food in a professional, visual and knowledgeable manner by:
- Ensuring proper presentation & portion control according to company standards.
- Following the Companies Quality Assurance (QA) and Health and Safety (H&S) standards.
- Must be clean, organized, efficient, flexible, and have knowledge of all equipment to be used & cleaned.(grill, steamer, deep fryers, kettles, ovens etc.).
- Must follow proper set up & clean up of kitchen equipment & maintain company sanitation standards.
- Prepares & cooks food in accordance with company recipes & standards. Must have ability to read, comprehend, & write in English.
- Must be able to interact with managers, co-workers & customers in a professional, courteous, friendly, & cooperative manner.
- Must be able to work independently & work well with others as a team member.
- Must have the ability to label & store all leftovers & legibly record supplies to be ordered.
- Must be aware of work area & be willing to help keep all areas workable in accordance with health & safety guidelines.
- Is responsible for recording all supplies required for the Manager to order.
- Complete Audits, temperature checks on hot & cold food, & fridges & other necessary record keeping forms as required.
- Must be willing to perform other duties & tasks as assigned by management.
- Must be flexible in hours of work and taking on other duties as required.
APPLY NOW and OPEN the door for your new opportunities with Compass Group Canada.
- Great organization skills, product knowledge and preparation, including portion controls are mandatory.
- Cook Certification by a recognized Institution and/or the equivalent of Trade Qualification, Certificate of Apprenticeship and Canada Red Seal will be given priority for the position.
- Cooking experience in a professional kitchen environment, using kitchen equipment such as Grills, Fryers, ovens, steamers etc. Minimum 1 year of direct experience required.
- Minimum Food Safe Level 1, with the ability to pass level 2.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, following proper Company recipes and standards.
- Good Communicator, with the ability to handle large volumes of business and people.
- Be a team member, with good work ethics, morals and a positive attitude.
- Be physically able to work the position, knowing that standing, lifting, turning, bending etc. are all necessary to do the job correctly. Able to lift up to 25 Kg.
- Must be able to perform the job in front of customers with ease and professionalism.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment**
- Start date: ASAP
- Compensation: $17.87/hr + tips
- Type: Part-time, up to 30 hrs (depending on number of events).
- Location: SFU - Burnaby, BC.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.