Cook - Queen Alexandra Centre for Children’s Health
Imagine working in a place that is recognized as a premiere hospitality company, operating across Canada. We are Canada’s leading foodservice and support services company with over 24,000 associates working across the country.
Marquise Hospitality, a division of Compass Group, provides food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full training and development courses.
- Recognition and awards program.
- Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
- Perks –amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.
We are looking for a Permanent Part-Time Cook for one of our facilities: Queen Alexandra Centre for Children’s Health in Victoria, BC.
To prepare meals for residents/patients and to ensure overall quality and presentation of the food.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
- Prepare of all components of the meal, following the recipes/menu provided.
- Ensure overall quality and presentation of the food is appealing.
- Ensure meals are served on time.
- Sanitize all work surfaces and equipment used.
- Serve food to residents/patients.
- Wash and store pots and pans.
- Plate meals including snacks, desserts and salads.
- Beware of any and follow restricted dietary needs of residents/patients.
- Restock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Clean the kitchen as per cleaning schedule.
- Maintain safe work environment at all times.
- Perform duties as per health and safety guidelines.
What we looking for?
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME,” then we want YOU!
- MUST have FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Previous cooking experience, preferably in the Long Term Care/Healthcare environment is an asset.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate with managers, residents/patients, and other employees.
- Ability to taste all food produced as part of the quality program.
- Able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Excellent communication skills.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!