Cook - Shannon Oaks
We are Canada’s leading foodservice and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
One of our Divisions – Marquise Hospitality is currently looking for Cooks for its Shannon Oaks facility in Vancouver, BC.
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring.
What’s in it for you?
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program.
- Employee Rewards Program (savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance and etc.).
As one of our Super Star Cooks, we’d ask you to do the following:
- Prepare all components of the meal for residents, following the recipes/menu provided.
- Ensure overall quality, presentation of the food is appealing and meals are served on time.
- Plate meals including salads and desserts and serve food to Residents.
- Follow any restricted dietary needs of the Residents.
- Sanitize all work surfaces and equipment used.
- Restock work areas and ensure proper stock rotation.
- Clean the kitchen as per the cleaning schedule.
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents and personnel information.
- Complete required HACCP logs.
- Assists with special event menus.
- Maintain a safe environment at all times.
- Other reasonable requests from management.
If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME” then we want YOU!
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Food Safe Level 1.
- 1 year culinary experience & education an asset.
- WHIMIS certificate an asset.
- Good organizational skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance, strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Dependable and reliable with a demonstrated commitment to service excellence.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Compensation: Competitive Wage.
- Shifts: 10:00 am - 6:30 pm.
- Location: Shannon Oaks - Vancouver, BC.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!