Cooks (Hot Station) - Air Canada Lounge - Vancouver (YVR) Airport
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions - Restaurant Associates, is currently looking for Cook (Hot Station) for our NEW 5 Star Executive Class Air Canada – Maple Leaf Lounge at Vancouver International Airport (YVR) in Richmond to be a part of an exceptional team!
Restaurant Associates,a division of Compass Group Canada, is recognized as a premiere hospitality company, operating across Canada. Restaurant Associates provides premium food services to museums, performing arts centers, aquariums, corporate dining, educational facilities, and off-premise catering.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Guarantee of Stable Employment.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program.
- Employee Rewards Program.
We are seeking to fill both full time and part time positions. The successful candidates will have a positive can-do attitude, excellent communication skills and ability to excel in a high volume fast paced environment.
In the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges we offer our Guests a First Class and Executive experience, Each of the Air Canada award winning Lounges at YVR provide a Private, Serene escape from the bustle of the airport Activity. We pride ourselves in creating a clean, positive, friendly guest experience within the airport environment.
This position is shift work, weekend availability is required. Must have transportation to and from the airport and be willing to accommodate flight delays.
The Cook will run an action station during peak operational hours. Examples include: hot omelet station/stir fry station, interacting with customers and making quick pan fry meals for them with mise en place set up for the day’s meal offering. During the slower periods of the day, the successful candidate will be responsible for food prep and setting up mise en place for the next meal period.
- Food Safe Certification Level 1.
- Min. 2 years’ experience in a Customer Interaction Role.
- Min. 2 years’ experience in a cook role in a hotel or restaurant environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A positive and friendly attitude.
- Willingness and ability to execute 5 star customer service.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Able to excel in a high volume and fast paced environment
Successful candidates will be asked to complete criminal record check. In addition,
Minimum of 5 years residence in Canada is preferred to qualify for Restricted
Area Identification Card (RAIC) check.
- Start Date: Open Until Filled
- Compensation: $15 - $17/hour dependent on experience
- Medical/Dental BENEFITS available after 3 months employment for FT employees.
- Location: Vancouver International Airport (YVR) in Richmond, BC.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.