Dietary Aide - Cottage Worthington Pavilion
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us!
Marquise Hospitality, a division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services to Senior Living Facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential care.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full training and development courses.
- Recognition and rewards program.
- Many shifts available.
- Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
- Perks –amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.
Marquise Hospitality is currently looking for Casual Dietary Aides for its Cottage Worthington Pavilion facility in Abbotsford, BC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set tables in the dining room for each meal service. Check and ensure dishware, cutlery, glassware and service china are clean.
- Assist in assembling meals for tray service according to the meal tickets indicating therapeutic diets.
- Ensure safe food handling / preparation methods.
- Assist in basic food preparation and special function catering as delegated.
- Restock service areas.
- Clean dining room floor after each meal service.
- Perform cleaning duties as assigned or, as per the posted cleaning schedule for that day.
- Report any injuries or hazardous situations to the Food Service Supervisor or Manager immediately.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME” then we want YOU!
- Food Safe Certificate- Level 1.
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment an asset.
- Previous food preparation experience.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to read and communicate in English with managers, other employees and residents.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to stand on feet for long period of time and to lift up to 40 lbs.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!