Dietary Aide - Sandringham Long Term Care
Imagine working in a place that is recognized as a premiere hospitality company, operating across Canada. We are Canada’s leading foodservice and support services company with over 24,000 associates working across the country.
Marquise Hospitality, a division of Compass Group, provides food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full training and development courses.
- Recognition and awards program.
- Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
- Perks –amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.
We are currently looking for a Casual Dietary Aides for Sandringham Long Term Care in Victoria, BC. This is an excellent position with room for advancement.
Start Date: ASAP
As one of our Dietary Aides, you will be responsible for:
- Portioning and serving meals including beverages, salads, main course and desserts.
- Setting, clearing and sanitizing of tables.
- Scraping and sorting dirty dishware and place in the dishwasher.
- The setup and delivery of food trays to residents.
- Transporting dishes from main kitchen to different dining areas in the building.
- Restocking service areas.
- Cleaning dining room floor after each meal service.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all residents and personnel information.
- Maintaining a safe environment at all times.
- Performing duties according to health & safety work practices and reporting all injuries and hazards to the Supervisor immediately.
What we looking for?
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME,” then we want YOU!
- High School Diploma.
- Food Safe Certificate- Level 1.
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment an asset.
- Previous food preparation experience.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to read and communicate in English with managers, other employees and residents.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to stand on feet for long period of time.
- Able to lift up to 40lbs.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!