Dining Room & Catering Supervisor
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions - Marquise Hospitality, is currently looking for Permanent Full-time Dining Room & Catering Supervisor for its Elim Village facility in Surrey, BC.
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring.
Why work with us!
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality”!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities!
- Friendly Work Environment!
- Competitive Pay!
- Full Training and Development Courses!
- Recognition and Awards Program!
- Benefits Programs!
- Employee Rewards Program!
The Food Service Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing and providing support for staff in the Food Service Department:
- Oversees and supports the meal service in the Emerald (AL) (& Harrison Buildings (LTC) as required.)
- Evaluates quality of meals and execution of service in the dining rooms.
- Oversees and supports catering service throughout Elim Village.
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass' Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Maintain general appearance of all food service areas.
- Provides staff training and ongoing education on food service and safety.
- Completes audits and corrective action in accordance to company policy.
- Schedules and coordinates staff work assignments according to requirements.
- Assists with staff performance reviews.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
APPLY NOW and OPEN the door for your new opportunities with Compass Group Canada.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in the Food Service/ Hospitality Industry.
- A strong motivator, mentor and leader .
- A very detail oriented individual and a strong team player.
- Good client relationship skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Food Safe Certification Level 1 and Level 2.
- CPR and First-Aid would be an asset.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
- Start date: As Soon As Possible
- Compensation: $19.23 per hour
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Elim Village - Surrey, BC
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.