Dining room manager
Offer published on Mar 10
Every day, our team of enthusiasts makes a difference to residents. The “human for human” relationship is at the heart of our approach and corporate philosophy. Moreover, the success of COGIR Immobilier is based on the good teamwork between the various departments and on all the people who have joined the company for more than 25 years. the Jazz Drummondville residence is happy to welcome a clientele in gold, autonomous or in loss of autonomy. There is a warm and friendly atmosphere where we feel at home. Working in residence is more than a job, it's a life experience. It is the possibility of being recognized, valued, of participating in the continuous improvement of the service and of making a significant difference in the daily life of the elderly!
In addition to the usual server duties, the dining room manager ensures the proper functioning of the meal service, manages staff, establishes work schedules and oversees reception and hospitality. integration of new employees into his team. He/she also welcomes and takes care of the integration of new residents, manages places in the dining room and oversees reservations. He/she is responsible for managing his/her inventory and participates like the rest of the team in the maintenance and maintenance of cleanliness in the dining room.
Permanent full-time position, working hours from 10 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. and from 2:45 p.m. to 7 p.m.
ROLE AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assemble plates of food
- Assist in ensuring resident and staff safety in the dinning room by enforcing compliance with health and safety standards
- Assist in maintaining and restoring residents' health by proposing customized and balanced menus
- Be required to participate in the serving of meals and/or light housework when required
- Bring plates to tables and provide personalized service
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure good teamwork
- Contribute to the teams efforts to maintain cleanliness and sanitation in the kitchen and dinning room(s)
- Create tasty menus while respecting the expected level of quality and the allocated budget
- Greet clients and orient new residents by proposing their seat at an appropriate table
- Greet residents in the dining room and ensure they are comfortable
- In cooperation with the kitchen staff, prepare daily and à la carte menus and answer residents' questions regarding meals and preparation
- Manage guests' reservations and ensure their comfort
- Participate in table service with your team of waiters
- Perform other related duties
- Supervise the preparation of cold meals and desserts
- Take inventory of food products and place orders with suppliers
- Take inventory of service materials and while adhering to the budgets, proceed with procurement if necessary
- Take orders, noting specific requests and following-up with the kitchen staff
- Use products and equipment according to the safety, quality, hygiene and cleanliness rules and standards in effect
- When appropriate, collaborate with the chef in the creation of the menus by proposing ideas
- Salary to be discussed
- Uniform provided
- Free parking
- Free meals
- Sick days and time off for family obligations
- Group insurance
- Human management approach
- Consistent schedule
- A welcoming and tight-knit team!
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At lease 3 to 5 years of experience in restoration
- Experience in personnel management
- High school diploma (SSD)
- Good A working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook (an asset)
- knowledge of a Maitre D's responsibilities (an asset)
Are you interested?
Send your application to this employer
*For this job offer, you must apply on the employer's website.