Dining Room Server (Part-Time)
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions -Marquise Hospitality, is currently seeking to hire highly motivated and enthusiastic Part-Time Dining Room Server for one of its retirement facilities in Kamloops, BC.
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program
- Employee Rewards Program.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME,” then we want YOU!
We are currently looking for three part-time Dining Room Servers. This is an excellent position with room for advancement.
Hours per week: 20 hrs
As one of our Dining Room Servers, you will be responsible for:
- Taking orders and serving meals following elevated customer service standards.
- Setting tables & prep working and service areas and food.
- Preparing breakfast and snacks food items when necessary.
- Portioning beverages and food items following quality presentation standards.
- Following proper handling procedures for food.
- Following proper handling procedures for chemicals.
- Maintaining a clean work space at all times.
- Following directions from Manager or designate.
- Attending meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Requesting cleaning equipment, maintain & organize cart & equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME,” then we want YOU!
- Must have Food Safe Certificate –Level 1.
- Serving It Right.
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment an asset.
- Previous serving and food preparation experience is good to have.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to communicate with managers, other employees and residents.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform a significant amount of lifting, walking, bending, stooping and stretching to carry out job duties, cleaning tasks and operate equipment on a daily basis.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!