Offer published on Sep 18
● Develop menus, food purchasing specifications and recipes, to the highest standard.
● Schedule and coordinate the work of catering staff and employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted cost goals.
● Requisition products and other necessary food supplies.
● Ensure that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
● Develop standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs;
● Prepare necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; project annual food, labour and other costs and monitor actual financial results.
● Cook or directly supervise the cooking of items served at Bighorn. Including anything prepared by the sous chef.
● Ensure all staff meals are well prepared, varied and provided in a timely fashion. Approve staff food menus with the sous chef on a weekly basis. All dietary restrictions should be taken into consideration.
● Evaluate food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
● Develop policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually update written policies and procedures to reflect techniques, equipment and terminology.
● Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment. A deep clean of the kitchen and additional food storage areas is required every week and will be approved by the House Manager.
● Supervise staff
● Qualifications - cooks trade certificate or equivalent
- ● 5+ years of experience in luxury restaurants and villas, lodges, or private households are essential.
- ● 10 years of commercial cooking experience.
- ● A minimum of 5+ years of staff management experience, supervising sous chefs, pastry chefs, and specialist chefs.
- ● Food hygiene and safety certification, or ability to obtain it.
- ● Extensive knowledge of food allergies/intolerances and how to cater for this.
- ● High standard of written and spoken English
How to apply: Please send resume by email to email@example.com
You may also be interested in these offers
Full time , part time, seasonal
Saint-Sauveur, QC, Sainte-Adèle, QC, Morin-Heights, QC, and Piedmont, QC