Offer published on Sep 15
We are looking for an Executive Chef to orchestrate the gastronomic experience of our guests at our Place d'Armes Hotel establishments.
The Executive Chef will supervise menu planning and development, integrating seasonal and local ingredients that have a Montreal flavour. He or she will guide the brigades to delight the palates of every guest who sits down at one of our tables.
WHAT WE OFFER :
Working at Corner has its advantages! We believe in the importance of a healthy work-life balance, giving you access to the essentials of daily life and adding recreational discounts on Corner services and neighborhood partners.
- Managing one of the city's hottest kitchens in an establishment recognized both here and abroad
- Work-life balance environment with flexible schedules
- Complete integration process to quickly familiarize you with your work and our brands
- Group insurance program
- Personal leave
- Group RRSP program
- Close to a metro station (discount on public transit);
- Reduced-cost employee meals;
- Upscale hotel environment
- Recognition program
- Corporate events
- Discounts and preferred rates at our restaurants, hotels, spa and neighborhood partners
- The ambiance and charm of Old Montreal
THE ROLE :
- Manage all kitchen operations, from inspection to service
- Manage all teams, including hiring, training and evaluations
- Conceptualize restaurant, terrace, banquet and room service menus with the Chefs, emphasizing innovation, creativity and aesthetics.
- Guide, mentor and develop the skills of our Chefs and brigades
- Establish a climate of collaboration, excellence and pride in the kitchen
- Create synergy between restaurant, room service, banqueting, pastry and dishwashing teams
- Implement quality norms and standards and train brigades accordingly
- Develop and standardize recipes for all menus
- Manage all inventories (foodstuffs, equipment, crockery, etc.)
- Contribute to the profitability of the establishments, in particular by controlling production costs
- Manage schedules and task allocation
- Participate in hotel management committee meetings
- Collaborate with hotel management and head office to develop the annual business plan
- Create positive experiences for our guests, our succession and our suppliers in collaboration with the sales, purchasing and talent acquisition team.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as Executive Chef of a high-volume establishment OR minimum 4 years' experience as Executive Sous-Chef
- Experience in a high-end hotel
- Administrative experience (scheduling, food and labor cost management, etc.)
- Experience in menu conception
- Bilingualism in French and English, both spoken and written
- Good knowledge of the Office Suite, including Excel and its functions
- Valid Health and Safety Manager certification
- Flexible availability (days, evenings and weekends).