EXECUTIVE CHEF - Hôtel Nelligan
Located in a century-old building, Hotel Nelligan has 2 restaurants and a rooftop terrace that offers magnificent views of the city of Montreal. The Verses Restaurant features a menu featuring fresh products from the market. The Méchant Boeuf, meanwhile, offers the trendy side of the city. It is therefore the rendezvous par excellence to enjoy a delicious cocktail in an electrifying atmosphere. The F&B department of the hotel is looking for a director to join its dynamic and passionate team.
The Executive Chef ensures the smooth running of his kitchen. In collaboration with the executive sous-chef, he plans, organizes, directs and controls the use of the kitchen to ensure the standards of quality and manufacturing are achieved. Involved directly in daily operations, he oversees the training and the good performance of the members of his brigade. Through his leadership and management skills, he develops and maintains team spirit and creates a strong sense of belonging. He maximizes returns and ensures continuous control of the various operating costs. The selected person will lead all kitchen operations to ensure and enhance the hotel’s culinary services (banquets and room service) as well as its three restaurants; Verses Bisro, Le Méchant Boeuf and Terrasse Nelligan (summer).
Essebtial job functions :
· Communicates his expectations positively while carrying out the appropriate follow-ups.
· Play a leading role in the training and development of his workforce.
· Remains aware of community trends and changing tastes and shares them with his team.
· Provides creativity and encourages the team to regularly improve the culinary offer.
· Creates synergy between teams from three restaurants, banquets, patisserie and dishwashing.
· Collaborates willingly with other departments of the hotel to maximize the resources available to them
· Participates actively and on a daily basis in kitchen activities (cleanliness of kitchens and equipment, handling of appliances and food, respect for quality standards and the freshness of food, etc.).
· Ensures compliance with quality standards in terms of service and products.
· Conducts daily inspection of work areas and enforces company policies and procedures (hygiene and food safety standards, occupational health and safety, internal regulations, etc.).
· Manages all aspects related to human resources management for his department; (hiring of staff, performance evaluation, conflict management, etc.).
· Controls costs by ensuring:
i) Complete recipe development for all menus
ii) The calculation of the theoretical costs and the gap analysis
iii) Effective inventory management to minimize losses (food, equipment, dishes and household products).
· Plans and controls schedules and division of task to achieve productivity goals.
· Collaborates with the purchasing department to ensure good relations with our suppliers and respect of our corporate commitments.Requirements
Qualifications and required skills:
· Minimum experience of 2 to 4 years as Executive Chef, both catering and hospitality, with responsibility for several departments.
· Relevant training or equivalent experience.
· Creativity in problem solving.
· Ease of managing his priorities and those of his team.
· Sense of organization.
· Flexible availability (days, evenings, weekends)
· Perfectly bilingual.