Executive Sous-Chef - Hôtel Nelligan
The Executive Sous Chef ensures the smooth running of his kitchen operations. In collaboration with the Executive Chef, he plans, organizes, directs and controls the operation of the kitchen to ensure the achievement of quality and quantity standards set by the company. Involved directly in daily operations, he sees in the training and the good performance of the members of his brigade. Through his leadership and management skills, he develops and maintains team spirit and creates a strong sense of belonging. It maximizes returns and ensures continuous control of the various operating costs.
Essential functions of the job:
• Performs daily inspection of the kitchen and its parameters.
• Ensures customer satisfaction by the speed of service and the quality of the dishes presented.
• Acts as a trainer for brigade members, mainly members of the management team.
• Manages human resources within his brigade (health and safety rules, hiring, training, scheduling, work distribution, performance evaluation, discipline, etc.).
• Ensures compliance with hygiene, sanitation, health and safety standards.
• Contributes to the planning and preparation of menus for banquets and events;
• Manage the financial resources (budget preparation, control of operating costs, etc.) and material resources (inventory management, supplies, negotiations with suppliers, etc.) allocated to his department.
• Ensures efficient management of the food inventory to ensure the quality of the products used and minimize losses.
• Keeps track of purchases, the quality of goods received and ensures vigilance with regard to theft.
• Communicates and collaborates with the dining room management team to ensure the overall smooth running of banquets and events.
• Maintains an ongoing link with other hotel departments and various internal and external stakeholders;
• Supports the Chief Executive in his administrative duties, coordination and supervision of the work of the brigade during his shift;
• Can perform all related tasks;Requirements
Qualifications and required skills:
• Diploma in institutional cooking or equivalent;
• Experience as an Executive Sous-Chef in a comparable hotel is an asset;
• 2 to 3 years of experience in personnel supervision (15 or more employees);
• 5 to 7 years of relevant cooking experience;
• Experience in high volume kitchen team management;
• Good ability to work under pressure;
• Leadership and communication developed;
• Focused on teamwork and collaboration;
• Good stress management with an excellent customer approach;
• Organizational skills and time management;
• Available for day, evening and weekend work;