We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions -Marquise Hospitality, is currently seeking to hire highly motivated and enthusiastic Full-Time First Cook for one of its retirement facilities in Kamloops, BC.
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program
- Employee Rewards Program.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME,” then we want YOU!
- Prepares and plates dishes for service, observing the Chef’s recipes and pre-determined portion sizes
- Takes direction from the Chef and supervisory team
- Works as part of the culinary team to produce high quality dishes consistently and quickly
- Supports rest of the culinary team to ensure top-quality service
- Maintains cleanliness standards in kitchen, participates in cleaning duties
- Assists in food tracking and control as requested by the Chef
- Properly labels, stores and rotates food items to prevent excess waste
- Monitor and communicate to manager and food inventory levels
- Maintain Health and Safety to Compass standards by keeping the whole kitchen area clean and organized
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., walking, bending, standing 85% of the shift and working in hot and cold temperatures.
- Schedule will vary according to operational needs including holidays; weekends required.
- Good personal hygiene is a must.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in kitchen management and food preparation.
- Completion of High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Degree in culinary arts preferred.
- Successful completion of Culinary Red Seal (PC3) is an asset.
- Current Food Safe level 2; WHIMS.
- Strong knowledge and experience in upscale casual or club dining restaurants .
- Ability to convey information, work within strict deadlines, multi-task, and react quickly and effectively to challenges.
- Ability to lead a team of employees utilizing proven organizational and communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!