Junior Sous Chef
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions -Marquise Hospitality, is currently seeking to hire highly motivated and enthusiastic a First Cook/Junior Sous Chef for one of its facilities: The Residence at Orchards Walk in Kamloops, BC.
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program
- Employee Rewards Program.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring.
This position supports the Executive Chef in all aspects of the culinary operation.
The Sous Chef will assume responsibility for the restaurant's food quality, presentation, adherence to standard operating procedures, staff supervision, staff development, creativity of daily features and cost management.
- Scheduling and monitoring of kitchen staff.
- Training and development of culinary and general kitchen staff.
- Maintaining kitchen safety and sanitation standards.
- Ordering, requisitioning, and inventory control of food products.
- Actively manage variable cost centers to ensure profitability with food product and labor costs.
- Maintain equipment in good working order by submitting regular service and repair requests .
- Partner with front of house to achieve department goals.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME” then we want YOU!
- Completion of High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in kitchen management and food preparation.
- Successful completion of Culinary Red Seal (PC3).
- Current Food Safe level 2; Occupational First Aid Level 1; Serving it Right.
- Strong knowledge and experience in upscale casual or club dining restaurants .
- Ability to convey information, work within strict deadlines, multi-task, and react quickly and effectively to challenges.
- Ability to lead a team of employees utilizing proven organizational and communication skills.
- Degree in culinary arts preferred.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., walking, bending, standing 85% of the shift, and working in extreme temperatures.
- Schedule will vary according to operational needs including holidays; weekends required.
- Good personal hygiene is a must.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
Start date: As Soon As Possible.
Compensation: Based on Experience.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities. Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation.