Food and Beverage Operations Manager
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel, 800 Place Leigh Capreol, Dorval, QC, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Supervises daily Food and Beverage (F&B) shift operation and monitors compliance with all F&B policies, standards, and procedures. Manages day-to-day operations verifying that the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis. Maintains the operating budget, and verifies that standards and legal obligations are followed. Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work..
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in the ordering of Food and Beverage (F&B) supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
• Supervises daily F&B shift operation and monitors compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
• Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Monitors and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Verifies that all team members/supervisors understand the brand specific philosophy.
• Maintains the operating budget, and verifies that standards and legal obligations are followed.
• Assists supervisors in understanding team members ever changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify understanding.
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g., General clean), identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork and passion for providing service.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations, monitors quality, and standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction result with employees.
• Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Performs hourly job function if necessary.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress report.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants: Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.