Food Server (FT & PT)- Shannon Oaks - Victoria
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us—the largest foodservice and support services provider in the world. We’re growing bigger and better all the time. How did we become the seventh largest employer globally? It all starts with our commitment to great people, great service, and great results. Join us.
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Why work with Marquise Hospitality?
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. We’re committed to delivering an exceptional experience within the Senior Living industry.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME” then we want YOU!
What’s in it for you?
- If you are looking for a stable, growing organization that can help you launch a career with endless advancement opportunities, you belong at Compass Group.
- Compass Group offers a wealth of training and development opportunities and career pathing puts you in control of your future.
- Perks – enjoy amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc through our Total Rewards program.
Marquise Hospitality is currently looking for Food Servers for its Shannon Oaks facility in Victoria, BC.
To prepare and serve meals to residents, ensuring the quality of the food and overall presentation
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
- Take orders and serve meals following elevated customer service standards.
- Set tables & prep working and service areas and food.
- Prepare breakfast and snacks food items when necessary.
- Portion beverages and food items following quality presentation standards.
- Follow proper handling procedures for food.
- Follow proper handling procedures for chemicals.
- Maintain a clean workspace at all times.
- Follows directions from Manager or designate.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Request cleaning equipment, maintain & organize cart & equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A passion for Customer Service and a great hospitality attitude!
- Serving Experience preferred.
- BC Food Safe certification Level I.
- Serving It Right Certification.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible availability.
- Previous experience in the hotel & senior living industry an asset.
- Knowledge of HACCP.
- Previous experience serving & handling food an asset.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of the job application.
Successful candidates will be asked to agree to a Criminal Record Check and TB test.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!