Food Service Supervisor - Victoria
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us!
Morrison Healthcare, a division of Compass Group, focuses on knowing what's important to running a hospital culinary program, which allows our hospital partners to focus on their core competency: patient care. The sole focus of Morrison is feeding patients, visitors and healthcare employees.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full training and development courses.
- Recognition and rewards program.
- Many shifts available.
- Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
- Perks –amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc
Morrison Healthcare is currently looking for 2 Casual (on call) Food Service Supervisor for its Royal Jubilee Hospital & Victoria General Hospital facilityin Victoria.
Compensation: $20-24/hour based on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Shift Managers to supervise multiple food service units.
- Supervise the production of menu items, ensure completion of cash readings, manage associates, schedule staff working hours, hire and train employees.
- Learn from and assist the Shift Manager to resolve labour relation issues, track and produce reports on weekly inventories, sales revenue, labour and food cost.
- Communicate positively and enthusiastically to the café patrons and address their issues promptly.
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass’ Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- Coordinate frequent workplace inspections and WHMIS training of all staff and promptly report any workplace accident or incident to head office.
Think you have what it takes to be our Food Service Supervisors? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- At least one year of strong operation food industry management experience.
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Comprehensive health and safety knowledge and training.
- Knowledge of food service catering.
- Strong supervisory skills and the capability to motivate and lead staff.
- Employee relations experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!