Food Service Worker - Gorge Road Hospital (Casual)
Imagine working in a place that is recognized as a premiere hospitality company, operating across Canada. We are Canada’s leading foodservice and support services company with over 24,000 associates working across the country.
Marquise Hospitality, a division of Compass Group, provides food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full training and development courses.
- Recognition and awards program.
- Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
- Perks –amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.
We are looking for Casuals (on call) Food Service Workers for Gorge Road Hospital in Victoria, BC.
To prepare and serve meals to residents, ensuring the quality of the food and overall presentation.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
- Serve food to patients.
- Ensure that the overall presentation of the food is appealing.
- Set and clear tables.
- Scrape and sort dirty dishware and place in the dishwasher.
- Setup and deliver food trays to patients.
- Plate meals including snacks, desserts and salads.
- Prepare and pour all beverages.
- Restock service areas.
- Clean dining room floor after each meal service.
- Maintain confidentiality of all residents/patients and personnel information.
- Complete required HACCP logs.
- Maintain safe environment at all times.
- Perform duties according to health & safety work practices and report all injuries and hazards to the Supervisor immediately.
What we looking for?
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME,” then we want YOU!
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment an asset.
- At least 1 yr. experience as a food server/dishwasher would be ideal.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to communicate with managers, other employees and patients.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test rmay be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com