Food Service Worker - Meal Delivery
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us!
Morrison Healthcare, a division of Compass Group, focuses on knowing what's important to running a hospital culinary program, which allows our hospital partners to focus on their core competency: patient care. The sole focus of Morrison is feeding patients, visitors and healthcare employees.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full training and development courses.
- Recognition and rewards program.
- Many shifts available.
- Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
- Perks –amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.
Morrison Healthcare is currently looking for Food Service Workers for its Victoria General Hospital/Royal Jubilee Hospital facility in Victoria
We are currently looking for :
- 1 full time permanent float will work at two locations Victoria General Hospital and Royal Jubilee Hospital
- 2 casuals (on call) for Royal Jubilee Hospital
Compensation: $15.15/hr (probationary period) $16.40/hr (after probationary period)
- Full time permanent float position ; varied (8 hrs shift)
- Casual (on call) position 7AM -7PM
Start Date: As soon as possible
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
· Carry pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards.
· Store food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
· Perform general cleaning duties; remove trash and garbage to designated areas.
· Distribute supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
· Utilize approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control. Notify cooks if food temperatures are not within acceptable limits.
· Serve customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
· Provide service in all retail areas, including cashiering and line serving.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Food Service Workers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
· FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
· Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage heavy workload.
· Ability to work both independently and in team setting as required.
· Good command of English language, both verbal and written and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
· Previous food service experience in healthcare, hotel, restaurant or fast food is considered an asset.
· Physical ability to lift 20kg, standing for long periods of time, moving loaded carts.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. *
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!