Franchise Area Manager
Have you worked as a restaurant manager and are looking to expand your skills? Our client is looking for an Area Manager with experience working in a franchise (retail/ food industry). The Area Manager will travel extensively, visiting other branches and franchises to ensure that franchise owners are adhering to rules and policies.
Discussing store operations with franchisees
- Conducting audits on franchised locations
- Ensuring that employees match the brand’s expectations
- Ensure compliance of each store in your area with the company’s policies and operational guidelines, while following protocol of escalation in case of default.
- Supervise and coach the franchisees to maximize their profits and service, while making sure their material purchasing is all done through our approved vendor list.
- Thorough Inspection report once a month per store, followed by second and third visits as per our policies, and following proper channel of escalations in case of default.
- Plan, implement, and monitor regional operational strategy, including sales targets vs actual sales, by store and by area.
- Properly manage and execute promotions at restaurant level in coordination with the marketing department.
- Reporting to management, operational status, sales, and consumer insights by store.
- Be the “One” point of contact to the franchisee and liaise between all the internal departments (Marketing, purchasing, administration, finance, etc...)
- Recommends improvements and upgrades to property equipment and facilities to meet market needs and optimize operations, while ensuring security of Company assets.
- Identify operational bottlenecks and suggest solutions for improvement.
- Training and onboarding new franchisees.
- New product launches to ensure proper distribution and implementation in the market, and report, franchisee, and consumer feedback, as well as sales progress.
- Costing analysis for the Menu and all new product launches.
- Deal with customers complains according to company policies and procedures.
- Articulate effectively and communicate all required information and material to the franchisees.
- Projects an image of professionalism in all dealings with public and suppliers when representing the Company and the Brands - Fast Food and Casual Dining, hence living the company’s values.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the company, which are seen to be reasonable and pertinent to the position.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI):
- Meeting stores inspection reports 1 once a month for each location, second and third visits if required, and escalate defaults to legal department.
- Monthly target vs actual sales per store
- Store online rating
- Cost of Sales: Ensure proper food management using prescribed brand and/or corporate controls, and compliance in material purchasing by store.
- Management Controllable Costs: Ensure costs meet or are better than budgeted costs. Use a “Return on Investment” (ROI) approach prior to spends. Communicate and as required obtain approval from the Operations Manager.
- Franchisee satisfaction rate
- 5 years’ experience in the restaurant industry
- Experience in a multi-unit franchised environment (a plus)
- Fluent in speaking, writing and reading English and French
If this position matches your skill set, please apply here!