Full Time Hospitality Associate (Food Service Worker) Royal Jubilee Hospital
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us—the largest foodservice and support services provider in the world. We’re growing bigger and better all the time. How did we become the seventh largest employer globally? It all starts with our commitment to great people, great service, and great results. Join us.
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, GreatResults!
Morrison, a division of Compass Group, delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs!
What’s in it for you?
If you are looking for a stable, growing organization that can help you launch a career with endless advancement opportunities, you belong at Compass Group.
Compass Group offers a wealth of training and development opportunities and career pathing puts you in control of your future.
Perks – enjoy amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc through our Total Rewards program.
We are currently hiring for Full Time Hospitality Associates to work in the patient food services operations at the Royal Jubilee Hospital
Join our team at Compass Group Canada! We offer valuable incentives such as extended medical and dental benefits and an employee meal plan. We have a competitive wages ($17.00/hour) plus additional shift/uniform premiums.
Hospitality Associates work a rotational schedule 7am-7pm and enjoyevery 2nd weekend off with 3 days in a row.
The Hospitality Associate is responsible for all aspects of patient food preparation, order-taking, delivery and clean-up while ensuring a strong customer service focus to the patients and clients we serve. This position requires a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work in a fast paced, physically demanding and customer-centric environment.
Hospitality Associates will be responsible for the following aspects of the patient meal experience for an assigned number of patients:
- Responsible for patient meal preparation, assembly and service, and sanitation in centralized kitchenettes.
- Interacts with Nursing staff, Clinical Dietitians and other caregivers in the provision of safe and appropriate meals to patients.
- Responsible for daily meal selections at patient’s bedside utilizing wireless tablet technology.
- Delivers meals to patient rooms, within specified time allotted.
- Collects trays and washes dishes post meal service.
- Performs job duties based on according to health and safety work practices and report all injuries and hazards to the Supervisor’s immediately.
- Performs job duties based on established objectives, standards, policies and procedures and in accordance with terms and conditions set forth by Compass Group Canada.
- Strong customer service orientation with previously demonstrated customer service experience.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage heavy workload.
- Ability to work both independently and in team setting as required.
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written; ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent problem solving and basic math skills.
- Previous food service experience in healthcare, hotel, restaurant or fast food considered an asset.
- Must have Current Food Safety Level 1 Certification. Valid within last 5 years.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!