Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, GreatResults!
Chartwells serves educational institutions from Kindergarten through Grade 12, colleges and universities. Chartwells provides responsible, healthy-eating solutions and education to its customers.
Job Type: Full Time - Hourly Rate with full Health and Dental Benefits after 6 months of continuous service
Location: University of Toronto Mississauga Campus – UTM Dining (Cafeterias)
Know and use the proper procedures for this area see QA policies
Know policy and procedure dealing with Inmates, Conflict of Interest
Know and use all personal protective equipment
- Compass issued uniform
- Sleeve guards
- Vinyl Gloves
- Hair Nets
- Tag and Fire Key
Responsible for the strict enforcement of the Compass H&S Program, the Occupational
Health and Safety Act, WHMIS regulations.
Ensures using safe work practices, wearing required personal protective equipment and a safe work environment is maintained.
Promptly reports any workplace accidents or incidents and co-operates fully in any investigation
Follow Chartwells Policies and Procedures
Check meals as they are being lidded for proper portioning, and cleanliness of assembled trays.
- Be physically able to perform duties assigned as per position description
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Thorough working knowledge of standards and procedures
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing working routines and priorities
- Must possess excellent organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and a genuine desire to serve customers.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must be aware and have good knowledge of responsibilities under OSHA
- Must wear appropriate and job specific PPE
- Must be able to work within close proximity to inmates, both male and female
Candidates for this job must fit the criteria as posted in the ad.
- Candidates must be able to stand for long periods of time,
- Must be available to work weekends, must be able to lift up to 50 pounds more than 50 times,
- Must be able to provide a clear police clearance,
- Candidates must be open to constant changing tasks.
- Kitchen experience is an asset however not necessarily required.
Work Hours / Shifts
Morning 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Afternoon / Evening 3:00 pm - 10:30 pm
We offer full Health and Dental Benefits after 6 months of continuous service
We also offer a free meals and drinks
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you qualify and wish to be contacted, please attach your resume to your profile.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!