Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues. Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, GreatResults!
· Provide good customer services in order to assure customer satisfaction
· Demonstrate courteous, efficient and friendly mannerisms in all customers and employee interactions
· Interact with customers and resolve customer complaints in a friendly and service oriented manner
· Serve customers quickly and courteously using proper services techniques and portioning
· Apply principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment and assist in scheduled cleaning tasks, changing garbage’s, cleaning trays
· Move product between locations
· Replenish supplies as needed (condiments, paper products, cleaning supplies)
· Perform cashier duties, entering sales into cash register to ensure all purchases are accurately recorded, perform arithmetic operations involving all Canadian monetary units (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
· Make change, process credit card transactions; conduct checks for counterfeit bills as per Company policy , and issue receipts to customers
· Perform upselling techniques when processing transactions
· Perform regularly scheduled temperature checks as assigned
· Clean tables in eating area as needed to maintain a cleanliness
· Assist in the kitchen during production as need
· Carry out bake-off baking responsibilities to produce a variety of products in sufficient quantities according to specifications
· Ensure that all prepared products are correctly recorded on production records
· May be required to prepare main meal according to specification and daily menu
· May be required to do short cooking
· Good communication skills in both written and oral , able to follow instructions and interact with customers
· Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance
· Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
· Adaptable to regular changes in environment such as wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold or extreme heat
· Must have sufficient mobility to perform assigned tasks within production and services time frames established for the job
· Must be able to operate equipment such as cash registers, calculators, coolers, coffee maker, coffee grinder and drink machine
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
· Driver’s license and/or City of Toronto Vehicle Operators Permit (VOP) and asset
· Smart Serve is an asset
· Food Handler’s Certificate is an asset but will be provided if needed.
This is one of the Restaurant Associates Units of Compass Group which is located at the Toronto Zoo and looking after their Food Services.
Training will be provided and benefits will be available to full time employees after a 3 month probation.
Depending on location, specific brand training will be provided as needed
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you qualify and wish to be contacted, please attach your resume to your profile.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!