General Help -Food Service
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us!
Why work with us?
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. We’re committed to delivering an exceptional experience.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME” then we want YOU!
What’s in it for you?
- If you are looking for a stable, growing organization that can help you launch a career with endless advancement opportunities, you belong at Compass Group.
- Compass Group offers a wealth of training and development opportunities and career pathing puts you in control of your future.
- Perks – enjoy amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc through our Total Rewards program.
We are currently looking for Casual (on call) General Help - Food Service staff for Priory Hospital in Victoria, BC.
Shifts: Flexible availability required. Candidates need to be available to work from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm 7 days a week.
Hours per week: 10
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Food preparation and service of food and beverage to customers.
- Some basic baking may be required.
- Must follow all Food Safety and Health & Safety standards.
- Able to read and follow recipes.
- Familiar with various types of kitchen equipment.
- Restocking retail merchandise.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area.
- Prepare and deliver catering orders.
- Prepare customized hot beverages.
- Maintain dining room and condiment stands clean and tidy.
- Cleaning of equipment and stations as per Compass Health & Safety standards.
- Cash handling duties.
- Food Safe certificate
- High standard of personal hygiene
- Minimum one year experience in food service
- Must be a team player
- Able to lift up to 25kg
- Able to follow direction regarding production and display of product by management
- Excellent Customer Service
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Tuberculosis Screening Test and immunizations will be required. *
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com