General Kitchen Help - Ridge Meadows Hospital
Maple Ridge, BC
You may not know our name but you know where we are! At Compass, we turn ordinary acts of service into extraordinary moments that make a difference. Think you can do the same? Then come to work with us!
Morrison Healthcare, a division of Compass Group, focuses on knowing what's important to running a hospital culinary program, which allows our hospital partners to focus on their core competency: patient care. The sole focus of Morrison is feeding patients, visitors and healthcare employees.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality.”
- Endless advancement opportunities.
- Friendly work environment.
- Competitive pay.
- Full training and development courses.
- Recognition and awards program.
- Many shifts available.
- Extended health plan for part-time and full-time team members.
- Perks –amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc.
Shifts: it varies
Hours per Week: 10-15
Job Status: Part-Time & Casual
Start Date: June 1st, 2019
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Help measure and mix ingredients according to recipes using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Bake, roast, broil and steam meats, fish, vegetables and other foods under guidance. Add seasoning to food during mixing or cooking under the instruction of others.
- Carve meat, portion food on serving plates, and add gravies, sauces and garnishes to fill orders as directed.
- Wash, peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetables and fruits.
- Butcher chicken, fish and shellfish as directed.
- Maintain work area and equipment. Follow principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Kitchen Helpers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Certificate from a recognized cooking school preferred.
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Ability to operate cooking equipment and complete all other cooking tasks.
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment and also effectively within an interdisciplinary team.
- Minimum one year experience in basic food preparation.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. **
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!