Grand Opening! Japanese Ramen Restaurant - Kitchen Manager (West Island)
Montreal West, QC
An excellent Kitchen Manager must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation, so we can expand our clientele.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare, cook, and present complete meals or individual dishes and foods.
- Plan special menus for the location.
- Ensure all foods meet quality standards.
- Instruct and direct cooks in preparation, garnishing and presentation of food and in new cooking techniques.
- Supervise cooks, supervisors and kitchen helpers.
- Plan and create new menus and recipes, considering portion size, food requirements and costs.
- Oversee kitchen operations.
- Make recommendations on how to improve efficiency in operations.
- Estimate food requirements based on the sales forecast and number of reservations for the day.
- Clean and inspect kitchen area, ensure area is properly sanitized.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Hours of Work
- Full-Time hourly position, 45 hours of work
- Days, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays
- Staff discount across all Kinka Family group restaurants in Toronto, Montreal, Tokyo, and Seoul (KINKA IZAKAYA, KINTON RAMEN, JaBistro, NEO COFFEE BAR, KINKA SUSHI BAR IZAKAYA)
- Staff meals
- Kinka Family Restaurants group benefits
- Referral Program
- Paid vacations
Kinka Family is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We ensure that all individuals are treated equally, respectfully and with integrity. We welcome resume submissions from all qualified applicants and thank you for your interest in Kinka Family.
If accommodations are required, please contact Human Resources directly. All information received will be addressed confidentially:
Address: 294 College St, Toronto, ON M5T 1R9
- Knowledge of proper sanitation procedures and food safe guidelines.
- Understanding of food handling and sanitation standards.
- Understanding of restaurant operational procedures.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors.
- Positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and a consistent display of professionalism.
- Innovative, detail oriented, and quality conscious.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
- Ability to take constructive feedback and leadership.