Employer: Tangerine Asian Cuisine
Position: Hakka Chef
Terms of Employment: Permanent / Full Time
Location: Markham, Ontario
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and salary increases. Eligible for dental and extended medical insurance. Optional: accommodation available at no charge, if required. NOTE: This is NOT a condition of employment.
In the proud tradition of the Hakka Chinese in India, Tangerine Asian Cuisine restaurant has mastered the art of combining the right spices and ingredients to provide a savory symphony of Indian Style Hakka Chinese flavour. Our restaurant is looking for an experienced individual who specializes in Indian Style Hakka Chinese dishes to join our team. The detailed responsibilities of the position include:
· Plan menus to ensure that the restaurant’s choices authentically reflect the Indian Style Hakka Chinese flavours;
· Prepare and cook complete Indian Style Hakka Chinese dishes;
· Oversee food preparation to ensure the appropriate use of spices and ingredients;
· Provide training to new hires and coordinate with management in all other areas of kitchen operations; and
· Estimate food requirements, supplies and labour costs for the restaurant.
· Minimum 1 year of experience working as a chef in a Hakka Chinese restaurant;
· In depth knowledge of Hakka cuisine and cooking methods;
· Knowledgeable of food costs & supplies, ordering, and inventory management;
· Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment;
· Capable of working evenings, weekends and holidays.